Friday, February 20, 2009

Thing Four

I have stumbled around RSS and Newsreaders now for more than two weeks. On the one hand I can get all the news I want, anything anytime anywhere, with only the slight exception of an espresso and some fresh berries' being apparently unavailable at our current level of technology. What's not to love? On the other hand, I cannot find enough moments in the day to concentrate long enough to understand how to manage rather than be managed by the feeders. Thus, I have at the end of each day, news reports, and by news I mean not necessarily headlines but the broader spectrum of variously focused and potentially entertaining information, arriving at a bewildering array of entry points. Who knew I was so connected? I am updated on the latest news from all directions, as though persons of global importance were waiting for my opinions and decisions. Curiously, I begin to need the updates, something urges me to check, just for a minute...

All this is to say, I am working on Thing Four. I think I'll start to move toward Five and hope that Four sorts itself out. If the Magic of Google Magnificence continues to work, surely a character will develop automatically, a virtual staff assistant, and tidy things up before any actual persons see that I am receiving the New York Times five ways and Sunday, too.

3 comments:

  1. You may be starting to exhibit addictive behavior! I believe Marion County offers counseling services, should this 23 Thing thing attempt a take over in your life. I would consider hosting a vegan intervention brunch. (Yes, I'd have to have it catered!)

    I thought you already had a virtual staff assistant?

    The Fomentator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather thanks for commenting on others blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are you looking for in that HOLE?
    Mary M
    check out my blog
    Mers space@23

    http://www.bloglines.com/blog/Mary-Mer

    ReplyDelete